Five LGBTQ+ affirming churches in the Twin Cities

These inclusive faith communities are accessible to Bethel students physically or online.

The following five churches strive to create a place where queer acceptance and Christianity intersect, according to their websites. On top of their affirmation of the LGBTQ+ community, these churches emphasize social justice.

Awaken West Seventh

Awaken West Seventh is a community focused on “the renewal of all things,” according to its website. Partnering with God in the work of redemption and renewal through Jesus, members worship weekly Sundays at 9 and 1o:30 a.m., currently holding gatherings in St. Paul. Listed on its website are six values: Jesus, justice, holism, hospitality, authenticity and beauty.

Social media: @awakenwestseventh

Address: 506 View St., St. Paul, MN 55102

The Table

The Table MPLS meets Sunday evenings at 5 p.m. at their location in Minneapolis. This community is described on their website as “Christ-centered, radically inclusive, justice-driven, culturally engaged, unapologetically human and tangibly compassionate.” Each of their services features singing, a message from one of their pastors, prayer and communion.

Social media: @thetablempls

Address: 4100 Lyndale Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55409

Judson Church

Judson Church is a Baptist congregation based in Minneapolis and centered on connection and fellowship, evidenced through their welcoming attitude and weekly coffee hour. Prioritizing environmental stewardship, Judson is solar-powered. On top of this, they are a certified “Climate Justice Congregation.” Judson also specifically prioritizes inclusive language.

Social media: @judsonchurch41

Address: 4101 Harriet Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55409

St. Clement’s Episcopal Church

St. Clement’s Episcopal Church uses the phrase, “All are welcome, all are needed.” This St. Paul congregation is currently pastored by a member of the LGBTQ+ community, Joy Caires, and encourages everyone to serve in their church community. Two services are hosted each Sunday: 8:15 a.m. is shorter and a “spoken service” while 10:30 a.m. features music and draws a larger crowd. The 10:30 a.m. service can be streamed online.

Facebook: @SaintClementsEpiscopal

Address: 901 Portland Ave., St. Paul, MN 55104

The Quest

The Quest — while not physically based in the Twin Cities — has an extensive online presence, holding virtual gatherings each Sunday at noon. This church is based out of California, but the community attracts weekly attendees from many states, spanning from Alaska to Pennsylvania. For those looking for an online space, The Quest is a place to meet new virtual friends or host church at home.

Instagram and Facebook: @WeAreTheQuest

Twitter: @WeRTheQuest

Live-stream: WeAreTheQuest on YouTube