Wednesday, Nov. 30

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Abby Petersen | News Editor

Bethel News

• The music group Gungor will play in Benson Great Hall on Dec. 5 at 8 p.m. Grab tickets here.
  • Bethel University’s 60th Festival of Christmas begins this Thursday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m. Bethel Choir, Men’s Choir, Women’s Choir, Wind Symphony, Festival Orchestra, and Handbell Ensemble will perform. Buy tickets here.
  • Head to the Bethel University Campus Store Cyber Monday sale through Wednesday for:
    • 20 percent off all Bethel cold weather accessories
    • 30 percent off selected performance wear
    • 20 percent off all Christmas ornaments and decorations
  • The Dining Center will be closed on Friday night for our annual Christmas Dinner at Chippewa Middle School. Busing will be provided from the RC steps throughout the evening. They will be serving Cane’s, Chick-fil-A, Buca and more.

Local News

• Kohl’s workers in Eden Prairie protested for higher wages outside of the department store Tuesday morning, according to the Star Tribune. Protesters modified Christmas carols to fit their message for a $15 wage. Read the full story here.
  • A 95-year-old man who was found murdered Monday in his Anoka home was identified by police as Albert John Loehlein, according to the Pioneer Press. Police have not released any new information regarding his death.
  • St. Paul residents will see a change in their recycling bins beginning January after residents requested that recycling be made easier, according to CBS Minnesota. Read more about the change here.

National and World News

• According to The New York Times, Donald Trump is expected to name Wall Street financier Steve Mnuchin as Treasury secretary. Read more about Mnuchin here.
  • At least three people were killed in a wildfire near the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, according to The Washington Post. The fire swept through two tourist towns and 14 people have been injured. Read the story here.