Thursday, Nov. 10

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

CeCe Gaines | News Reporter 

Bethel News

• Check out our post-election series “People of the Election: The Story Behind the Vote” to see how Bethel students felt about this year’s election.
  • Don’t miss award- winning journalist Brandon Stahl of the Star Tribune in the Eastlund Room from 4-5:30 p.m. He will speak on investigative reporting on campus sexual assault, child welfare, medical malpractice, drug treatment and more. Snacks will be provided and all are welcome!
  • Select Bethel apparel will be 50 percent off in the campus store today. Go check it out!
  • The Shape of Memory, a Johnson Gallery exhibition created by Michelle Westmark Winged will be on display until Dec. 16. Wingard’s physically and digitally altered images explore the idea that photographs are in many ways malleable and that not every history-set-in-stone is the full truth.

Local News

• Hundreds march in St. Paul to protest Donald Trump’s election win, according to the Pioneer Press. Similar protests have already happened around the country. Watch the videos and read the tweets here.

• For all the hockey fans out there, there has been a “Minnesota Wild Watch Bar” release, according to the Pioneer Press. Check out the nine St. Paul spots you can watch the Wild, and win prizes here.

• University of North Dakota officials said they are “disgusted” by a vulgar T-shirt depicting a Native American and the university’s new Fighting Hawks logo in a sexual position. Read the Pioneer Press story here.

National and World News

• A real estate company in South Carolina is receiving a lot of business after the election results, according to CNN. Find out how a joke turned into a profitable reality here.
  • CNN political commentator Van Jones discusses his “whitelash” comments and what he thinks is needed for America to come together and move forward. Check out this video.
  • Two police officers were checking a report of a domestic dispute near Pittsburgh when they were shot outside a home early this morning, according to CNN. Read the full story here.
  • Legally blind woman says some Uber drivers refuse to give her rides. Read the story here.