Caught In Action

Junior defensive lineman Cam Monson hydrates intensely during the football game against Gustavus on Sept. 22. Bethel’s gridiron gang shut out the Gusties 31-0.

Snapshots of Bethel athletics excitement throughout the first month of school

By Carlo Holmberg

083118_WSOC_holmberg
Senior forward Maggie Sipe (4) dribbles through a Northwestern defender. The Royals women’s soccer team defeated the Eagles 3-0 on Aug. 31.

092118_volleyball_holmberg2
Sophomore middle blocker Maria Claflin skies to attack the net against Wisconsin-Stout on Sept. 21. The Robertson Center was packed for the Friday night match, which saw the Royals defeat the Blue Devils in three sets.

090418_MSOC_Holmberg1
Senior forward Brendan Reich (9) elevates for a header attempt against Northwestern on Sept. 4. Reich has recorded 10 shots on goal for the Royals this season.

090818_TeamHuddle_Holmberg
Bethel head football coach Steve Johnson addresses his team after a 32-27 victory over Wisconsin-River Falls on Sept. 8. The Royals are 3-0 on the young season.

090418_volleyball_holmberg1
Sophomore right-side Macie Gavic (5) spikes the ball in Bethel’s home opener against Minnesota-Morris on Sept. 4. The Royals defeated the Cougars in three straight sets.

20180918_WSOC_holmberg1
Lauren Davis (22) and Karlie Perkins (17) celebrate with Brooke Ogne after Ogne scored the winning goal against St. Olaf on Sept. 18. The Royals prevailed 2-1 in overtime.

090418_MSOC_Holmberg2
Sophomore forward Cobi Heckmann (22) races to catch the ball and attack the net. Bethel’s men’s soccer squad knocked off Northwestern by a score of 1-0 on Sept. 4.