Monday Morning Coffee: Urban Bean

Because everyone needs at least one cup of coffee on a Monday!

Lexi Friesen | Social Media Editor

Coffee Shop: Urban Bean (Lake St, Minneapolis, MN)

Prices: Iced White Mocha $4.50 … According to senior Nikki Betzler, Urban Bean’s Iced White Mocha’s are at least twice as good as Royal Grounds version.

White Coconut Johnson (Specialty Drink) $5 … It wasn’t quite the coconut flavor I was expecting, more of a pumpkin spice/cinnamon flavor. It wasn’t bad, I wasn’t in love with it and especially for $5, I probably wouldn’t get it again.

For more on the drink menu and prices, click here: http://urbanbeancoffee.com/menu/

Atmosphere: While the gray, sticky, scratched floor didn’t impress upon first appearance, the overall atmosphere is classy. White walls with simple black lettering and pictures gave Urban Bean a peaceful and simple impression. The white walls and big windows provided great lighting in the daytime, but as the night grew darker, the yellow mood lighting was perfect for the shop. The atmosphere is calm and people are here to get work done. Everyone was dressed up, not a single person wore sweats or a sweatshirt. Girls, this is the place to get your most basic pictures!

Seating: There is bar seating, tables for two, a long rectangle table and a circle table in the shop. There’s enough seating and it’s not overcrowded. There is also a leather couch next to the front window.

Music: Justin Bieber was playing as I walked in, so basically I fell in love with it right away. I didn’t have to put in my headphones at all!

Store Hours:

Monday – Friday: 6:30 am – 10:00 pm

Saturday: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm

Sunday: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm

Location: 22 minutes from Bethel

822 W Lake St.

Minneapolis, MN

Parking: There is street parking in front of the shop, as well as a full parking lot behind the shop.

Overall experience: As long as you are sitting near a wall, outlets are easily accessible for computer and phone charging. Our barista was friendly, dressed well, and offered several suggestions on what to drink.