Monday Morning Coffee: Sencha Tea Bar

Because everyone needs at least one cup of coffee on a Monday!

Lexi Friesen | Social Media Editor

Coffee Shop: Sencha Tea Bar – formerly known as The Tea Garden

Menu/Prices: For a full menu and prices, follow this link – http://senchateabar.com/our-menu/. I  tried a coffee-chocolator cooler with tapioca bubbles ($3.79) and a chocolate-banana shake with tapioca bubbles($3.79).

Atmosphere: Personally, I am in favor of the new atmosphere. Sencha Tea Bar repainted their shop with a cream and navy blue color scheme. The lighting is brighter, but still good mood lighting. The art is a different style, and there is less of it hanging on the walls. A great place for conversation with friends or to go on a date to, I will say that I could see myself going here more for homework now since the remodeling.

Seating: There is seating lining all of the walls. No big tables are available, but there are small tables for two people. I noticed one set of comfortable chairs, however, the quality of the chair cushions weren’t in the best shape of their lives.

Music: I arrived to Sencha at 9 pm – it closes at 10 pm on a Wednesday – and I can’t remember if music was playing at all. If it was, it was playing softly because I was able to have a conversation with the person next to me and I could hear other people talking, but not necessarily full conversations.

Store Hours/Location: I went to the location on Grand Avenue, however, there are two other locations. All three locations have different hours as well.

1692 Grand Ave, St Paul, MN 55105 – approximately 18 minutes from Bethel

Monday: 9 am – 10 pm

Tuesday: 9 am – 10 pm

Wednesday: 9 am – 10 pm

Thursday: 9 am –10 pm

Friday: 9 am –12 am

Saturday: 10 am – 12 am

Sunday: 10 am –10 pm

825 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414

Monday: 9 am – 10 pm

Tuesday: 9 am – 10 pm

Wednesday: 9 am –10 pm

Thursday: 9 am – 10 pm

Friday: 9 am – 10 pm

Saturday: 10 am – 10 pm

Sunday: 10 am – 10 pm

2601 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55408

Monday: 9 am – 10 pm

Tuesday: 9 am – 10 pm

Wednesday: 9 am – 10 pm

Thursday: 9 am – 10 pm

Friday: 9 am – 12 am

Saturday: 9 am – 12 am

Sunday: 9 am – 10 pm

Parking: If you go to the Sencha Tea Bar on Grand Avenue, there is street parking AND a free parking lot across the road making the shop accessible to all. As I haven’t (yet) been to the other two locations, I am unsure of the parking situations there.

Overall experience: Well worth it if you like bubble tea, Sencha is almost 20 minutes away from Bethel, and slightly overpriced. A great experience, especially since I like bubble tea, but it’s not a place I would make a weekly trip too. I have never bought their coffee or hot tea, but have heard good things about their other drinks.