Monday, Oct. 3

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Abby Petersen | News Editor

Bethel News

• The Bethel Royals football team lost 27-42 Saturday to Saint John’s University.
  • Bethel Security and Safety released the annual security and fire log report online Friday. Access it here.
  • Head to CC313 from 7-9 p.m. for a community discussion on the origins of Black Lives Matter.

Local News

• Residents in Heritage Park, an apartment complex in Minneapolis, are being warned of a gunman who has been robbing homes by gunpoint, according to the StarTribune. No one has been harmed. Minneapolis was named the 25th most dangerous city in the country last week by 24/7Wall St.com.
  • Almost 5,000 nurses from five Twin Cities Allina facilities are on strike – and have been since early September, according to the Pioneer Press. The strike stems from disagreements between the Minnesota Nurses Association and Minneapolis-based Allina on issues such as health insurance for nurses. Read the story here.

National and World News

• A black teenager was shot and killed by police Saturday after fleeing from the car during a traffic stop, according to the Washington Post. The shooting prompted protests near the scene. Read the full story here.
  • The New York Times released Donald Trump’s tax records from 1995 this weekend. The records indicate a $916 million loss that could have legally prevented Trump from paying taxes for 18 years. Read the story here.
  • Not sure if you’re registered to vote Nov. 8? Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues. If you’re unsure of where you fall on the political spectrum, take this quiz to find out.

Want to subscribe to Quick News? Click here.