Monday, Oct. 17

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Abby Petersen | News Editor 

Bethel News

• The Bethel football team beat Gustavus Adolphus College 32-17 Saturday. The next game is Oct. 29. The women’s and men’s soccer teams both lost to Gustavus Adolphus 0-2 Saturday.
  • The deadline for participating in Bethel Film Forum’s “BETHEL MADE: Short films by members of the Bethel community” is midnight Nov. 8. Screenings will be held Nov. 15.

Local News

• Minnetonka resident Jimmy Anderst died Thursday from wounds inflicted by a motorcycle accident, according to the StarTribune. Anderst owned a saloon called The Narrows. Read more here.
  • Rosedale Mall began a remodel beginning Oct. 3, including cosmetic changes inside the mall, according to a story published by LillieNews.com. Construction of a Von Maur department store and a parking ramp were already underway.

National and World News

• Four people were killed in San Diego Saturday after a pick-up truck fell from an overpass, according to the Washington Post. Police suspect the drive was drunk.
  • Republican nominee Donald Trump fired tweets Saturday and Sunday claiming that the election was rigged in favor of Hillary Clinton, the New York Times reports. Read more here.
  • The Iraqi Prime Minister announced Sunday military plans to retake the city of Mosul from the Islamic State, according to Fox News. The Islamic State gained possession of Mosul in 2o14. Read more here.
  • Not sure if you’re registered to vote Nov. 8? The deadline for registration is Oct. 18 in Minnesota. Check here for more information on voting, candidates and issues.

Want to subscribe to Quick News? Click here.