Friday, Oct. 21

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

McKenzie Van Loh | News Reporter

Bethel News

• A new issue of The Clarion was released yesterday! Check out the newspaper stations around campus to pick up your copy today!
  • The guest speaker in chapel today is Shaundra B. Daily. She will be talking about “tension and connection at the intersection of technology and community.”
  • Bethel’s volleyball team will play against St. Thomas tomorrow at Bethel. Games are at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.

Local News

• George Edward Lowe, a 45-year-old from St. Paul was charged after breaking into a woman’s apartment and forcing her to sit on the couch with him while he smoked a cigarette and drank a beer. Read the full story here.
  • The Mall of America has recently opened a free Prince Exhibit, according to Kare 11. The exhibit will be open through Nov. 14. Read the full story here.
  • Starting Thursday, Dec. 1, specialty license plates will be available for purchase which will benefit Minnesota parks and trails. Car owners with one of these plates will have unlimited parking access at all Minnesota parks and trails. Get more details here.

National and World News

• NBC news has reported that Karena Virginia has become the 10th woman to accuse Trump of sexual misconduct. Read more details about her story here.
  • A U.S. service member has been killed in Iraq Thursday due to an improvised explosive device according to NBC news. Read the full story here.