Thursday Oct. 26

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

CeCe Gaines | News Reporter 

Bethel News

• Royal Grounds is celebrating National Apple Month by hosting the second annual Apple Palooza. Come to the table by Royal Grounds from 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. to sample and buy local Honeycrisp apples, SweeTango apples, and hot apple cider. There will also be apple bobbing challenges!
  • Don’t miss opening night for “The Women of Lockerbie” in the Bethel Theatre. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. and Bethel  student tickets are free.
  • Come to HC 122 from 2:25- 4:25 p.m. as Breaking Free leads a presentation on the dynamics of sex trafficking. There will be a Q&A to end the presentation, so come with any questions!

Local News

• Read here for an impressive list of fall fun. One activity may or may not be big zombie hunter paintball
  • Arby’s has announced that it will offer venison sandwiches this fall in Minnesota and five other states where deer hunting is popular, according to the Pioneer Press. Read  what Arby’s chief marketing officer has to say about the new addition.
  • Do you need a quieter place than the library to study? Do you want to get off campus for awhile? If so, check out what these ten coziest spots to hide out in St. Paul.

National and World News

• Two powerful earthquakes struck Italy. The first earthquake had a magnitude of 5.5, and the second earthquake struck with a magnitude of 6.1. Read here for more updates.
  • If you were planning to upgrade to an iPhone 7, you may want to wait. Apple announced they are delaying its AirPods launch. The iPhone 7 does not come equipped with a headphone jack, so Apple is pushing the AirPods as the future of wireless earbuds. Read why this delay is happening.
  • Not sure if you’re registered to vote Nov. 8? Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues. If you’re unsure of where you fall on the political spectrum, take this quiz to find out.