Wednesday, Oct. 26

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Abby Petersen | News Editor

Bethel News

• Today is Advising Day, meaning no classes – except night classes – are held.
  • Head to the Underground tonight to see the College Democrats and the College Republicans square off in the first Bethel political debate at 7:30 p.m. Watch the Clarion Facebook page and Twitter feed for live coverage.
  • Drop by the Underground at 9:15 p.m. Thursday night for an event called Persecuted Church which will explore the church experience for persecuted Christians.

Local News

• With temperatures dropping, the Pioneer Press has created a list of places in St. Paul to cozy up this season. Check them out here.
  • Two fraternity members from the University of Minnesota have been expelled from their chapter after reportedly interfering with a rape case, according to the StarTribune. Student Daniel Drill-Mellum raped Abby Honold in November 2014 and is now serving six years in prison. Read the story of the expulsions here.
  • A family of four who went missing last week were found alive Tuesday morning in south Minneapolis inside a vehicle, according to the StarTribune. Read more here.

National and World News

• A woman who pushed her husband to his death from the 25th floor of an apartment building in 2o11 was found dead by apparent suicide in her prison cell in Oklahoma Monday, according to the Washington Post. Read the story here.
  • Four people were killed in Australia Tuesday after a river rapids ride malfunctioned at an amusement park called Dreamworld, according to the Los Angeles Times. Read more here.
  • Less than two weeks remain until election day Nov. 8. Still not sure who to vote for? Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues. If you’re unsure of where you fall on the political spectrum, take this quiz to find out.