Monday Morning Coffee: Silverwood Cafe

Because everyone needs at least one cup of coffee on a Monday!

Lexi Friesen | Social Media Editor

Coffee Shop: Silverwood Cafe

Menu/Prices: One of the things I love about Silverwood Cafe is the simple menu. And by simple, I mean it looks relatively simple until you order a steamer and they tell you about the 30 different flavored shots you can add. I ordered the gingerbread steamer (12 oz – $2.30 – not a bad price!) recommended to me by the barista. He also recommended the vanilla steamer, but he said he was “a Christmas guy no matter the weather” and that the gingerbread was his favorite. Did it smell good? Yes. Did it taste good? Absolutely, I would order it again!

Atmosphere: A coffee shop for all ages – young families with children, catch up dates for moms and Sunday afternoon relaxing for grandparents. It’s probably not the ideal spot for most college students to do homework, but I can’t keep myself away. There are times of empty silence, times of little children screaming and times where conversation can’t be heard of the coffee grinder or blender. The great view and natural light is incredibly appealing though.

Seating: There are about 10 small, square tables and few outlets. There are a couple of comfortable chairs and couches. The cafe has huge glass windows – perfect no matter the weather. There is also an open art gallery with benches around the exhibit.

Music: There isn’t any music, so if that’s your thing have a great spotify playlist prepared and don’t forget your headphones!

Store Hours:

April-October: 9:00 AM-8:00 PM

November-March: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM

Location:

4200 Silver Lake Road SW
Minneapolis, MN 55421

Parking: There is plenty of parking! On a really nice day though, it may be harder to find a spot for your car as Silverwood Cafe is located in the middle of a park on a lake with beautiful walking trails.

FullSizeRender (2)

Overall experience: I am going to share a secret. I didn’t want to do a review on this coffee shop … because it’s my favorite! Selfishly, I want this place all to myself but kind of like the good news of the gospel, I couldn’t keep this shop to myself. I would highly recommend this shop for a number of reasons – a great view from inside the shop when working, delicious coffee, walking trails, beautiful scenery no matter the weather. It’s not exactly the hipster college scene, but it’s definitely worth the visit! Other great news about Silverwood Cafe is their cups, lids, and cozies – their coffee lids are ecotainer; cups are certified compostable and their lining is made from plants, not petroleum; cozies are 100% recyclable and support a greener future for our planet.