Friday, Oct. 28

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Kylie Gregory | News Reporter

Bethel News

• Bring your family along to a free concert this weekend! Jazz Orchestras featured tonight at 7:30 p.m., and an assembly of the Music Department performs tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m. as well.
  • Auditions for the Interim production of The Music Man will be held Monday, and auditions for the spring play, Another Antigone, will be Nov 2. Sign-up for auditions and get more information at the callboard outside CC112.
  • From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today, students are invited to attend the Government and Nonprofit Career Fair at the University of Minnesota’s Coffman Memorial Union.

Local News

•  It was announced Thursday that the St. Paul Police Department will begin testing a program that would improve how the force uses body cameras. According to the StarTribune, testing of this policy begins Nov. 9. Read more about the policy here.
  • According to the Pioneer Press, third party libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson held a political rally in Shakopee’s Canterbury Park yesterday evening. Read more on what he had to say here.

National and World News

• Archeologists work to uncover and document what is left of the cave believed to be the  burial place of Jesus after his crucifixion. Read more on the dig, covered by National Geographic, here.
  • NBC News states that new emails reveal former president Bill Clinton made millions of dollars from his charity, the Clinton Foundation. Watch the NBC news segment for more information here.
  • A Ukrainian hacker group calling themselves “Cyber Hunta” has leaked evidence of Russia’s direct involvement in the separatist movement in Ukraine, according to NBC News. Read more about the hack on the Russian president here.