Monday, Oct. 31

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Abby Petersen | News Editor

Bethel News

• Head to HC413 Tuesday at 7 p.m. for an Interfaith Women’s Panel featuring three female speakers from Abrahamic faiths.
  • The application deadline for spring break missions trips is Tuesday. Visit here for more information.

Local News

• An Edina woman posted an “open letter” to University of Wisconsin-Madison student Alec Cook after he was charged with sexually assaulting five women, according to the StarTribune. The woman, Megan Couture, was Cook’s prom date two years ago. Read the story here.
  • Today is Halloween in the United States. Here is a list of spooky places to visit this season from the Pioneer Press.
  • A Rusk County sheriff’s deputy was shot and killed in Wisconsin Saturday, according to the Pioneer Press. Read the story here.

National and World News

• An Iowa woman was charged Thursday with election misconduct, a Class D felony in Iowa, after she voted twice for presidential candidate Donald Trump. Read the story from the Washington Post here.
  • FBI director James Comey revealed Friday a set of emails sent from presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s private servers, according to USA Today. Read what officials know and don’t know about the emails here.
  • Election day is eight days away. Still not sure who to vote for? Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues. If you’re unsure of where you fall on the political spectrum, take this quiz to find out.