Wednesday, Nov. 2

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Abby Petersen | News Editor

Bethel News

• Submission deadline for the “BETHEL MADE” film forum is Nov. 8. Submissions go to Professor Arthur Terry.
  • Bethel transitions to Google hangouts Nov. 14. Want to learn more about the change? Click here.

Local News

• A city proposal would change the way the St. Paul police department reviews officer misconduct, according to the Pioneer Press. Read the full story here.
  • High school students in Fulda, Minn. struggle to complete their online PSEO classes because they believe the high school administration is lobbying against them, according to the StarTribune. Read the story here.

National and World News

• Two police officers in Des Moines, Iowa were killed early this morning in their patrol cars in what authorities say were ambush-style attacks, according to the StarTribune. This is the first time a Des Moines officer has been killed since 1977. Scott Michael Greene, 46, was one of the suspected identified, according to the Washington Post.
  • President Obama said Tuesday night that administration was considering “rerouting” the Dakota Access Pipeline, the subject of Native American protests in North Dakota, according to the the Washington Post. Read more here.
  • Election day is less than a week away. Still not sure who to vote for? Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues. If you’re unsure of where you fall on the political spectrum, take this quiz to find out.