Thursday, Nov. 3

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

CeCe Gaines | News Reporter 

Bethel News

• Don’t miss prize-wining journalist Manny Garcia,speak on communication and journalism opportunities in the Eastlund Room from 10:15-11 a.m. Refreshments will be provided and all are welcome!
  • Stephen Self opens up the mighty Blackinton organ for a program of organ classics in Benson Great Hall tonight at 7:30. Free Admission!
  • The City of Fridley Recreation Department will be recruiting in the Brushaber Commons. The City is looking for energetic instructors for their Youth Programs. Instructors can work as few as one day per week and as many as five. Pay is $10-11 per hour depending on experience.

Local News

• Heard shots in downtown St. Paul? Here’s what happened, according to the Pioneer Press.

• Lake Superior shipwreck discovered, and even the dishes survived. Read the story of  L.S. Upson who was one of about 60 passengers and crew who survived the sinking here.

National and World News

• Why are families visiting Sioux Falls this winter? The Pioneer Press provides a list of fun activities that draw people to the city here.
  • Clinton more than doubles TV ad spending in final days, according to CNN. Find out how much she is spending on TV ads here.
  • A 111-year-old church in Mississippi was burned and vandalized with “Vote Trump” spray-painted on an exterior wall. Find out if there will be repercussions or if the church will be rebuilt here.

• Not sure if you’re registered to vote Nov. 8? Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues. If you’re unsure of where you fall on the political spectrum, take this quiz to find out.