Monday Morning Coffee: Diamond’s Coffee Shoppe

Because everyone needs at least one cup of coffee on a Monday!

By Lexi Friesen

Coffee Shop: Diamond’s Coffee Shoppe

Menu/Prices: Diamonds offers a good variety of coffee (hot and cold beverages), smoothies and food. Coffee prices were relatively similar to other coffee shops I’ve seen although there were a few drinks that seemed to have higher prices. My drink of choice was the Iced Latte – it was good, but a little bitter. It definitely got better after a bit of sugar was added!

As far as other drinks go, Senior and friend Mimi Genheimer added her input. “The cold press isn’t too tangy and I like that. It has body like a cold press should. If you want to perfect the cold press, add cinnamon and honey to it.”

You can also find a full menu here: http://diamondscoffeeshoppe.com/menu/

IMG_9774Atmosphere/Seating: Hipster. Artistic. Vintage. It was a classic Northeast Minneapolis setup and I loved it! Art hangs from all the walls bringing a unique flavor to the shop. Diamond shapes line the walls to bring life to the shops name. Diamonds is next to the Thorp building where the Senior Seminar Art Show for Bethel students is held. There is plenty of open seating and tables, especially early in the morning when I’ve been to Diamonds.

There were about four different rooms – each a different color and style. Some rooms were designated more for homework or eating while others had couches and chairs. The tables and chairs reminded me of an old lunch room, although these chairs were more unique as different items were added to the backs of the chairs such as a bike chair or metal rods or ribbed metal side panels. Each table had a different lamp on it as well, giving the rooms soft yellow mood lighting.

Music: The music was playing so softly it could barely be heard over a conversation. I listened to The Piano Guys on Spotify as they are my new favorites to listen to during homework sessions.

Store Hours:
Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 8pm
Saturday: 7am – 7pm
Sunday: 8am – 6pm

Location:
1618 Central Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN
(612) 789-5282

Parking: Parking is all about perspective. My friend and I parked in a random lot across the street. There weren’t any signs saying we couldn’t park in the lot and we didn’t get towed!

Overall experience: One of my favorite things is having my iced coffee in a glass cup. It feels a lot more classy than a typical plastic to-go cup and a straw. There’s a $5 minimum purchase if you want to use your credit or debit card (shout out to Mimi Genheimer for buying my iced latte with her card).