Monday, Nov. 7

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Abby Petersen | News Editor

Bethel News

• Beginning today there will be no pedestrian access for two weeks between the west three-way stop next to Heritage Hall and Freshman Hill. Facilities Management says to expect frequent closures of the area.
  • Drop by the Fireside Lounge in the library Tuesday at 10:15 a.m. to hear social work professor Amy White talk about overcoming color-blindness.
  • Just more than 20 class days remain in the fall semester. Registration for spring and interim classes begins Tuesday. The last day to withdraw from full-term fall class is Nov. 18.

Local News

• The Minnesota Vikings lost to the Detroit Lions 22-16 Sunday, according to the Pioneer Press. Read more here.
  • Presidential nominee Donald Trump visited the Minneapolis-St. Paul area Sunday and held an hour-long rally in the airport hangar, according to the Pioneer Press. Read what he said here.
  • St. Paul public libraries are partnering with high schools in the area, allowing students to check out books using their student identification cards, according to the StarTribune. The program will be open to all students Nov. 15. Read the story here.

National and World News

• Election Day is Tuesday. Check here for information on voting, candidates and issues. If you’re unsure of where you fall on the political spectrum, take this quiz to find out.
  • FBI Director James Comey said Sunday that the investigation of presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s emails was over and the FBI still found no grounds to charge her, according to the Washington Post. Read more here.
  • An earthquake struck Cushing, Oklahoma Sunday, a town of about 7,900 people, according to Fox News. The earthquake was a magnitude 5.0 and caused damage, including injuries. Read more here.