Friday, Nov. 11

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Abby Petersen | News Editor

Bethel News

• Read perspectives on the election from members of the Bethel community in our series “People of the Election: The Story Behind the Vote.” Cash Rodamaker, Conor Nordmeyer and Cheryl Bostrom are online this week.
  • Registration began Tuesday for spring and interim classes. Not sure when your registration time is? Check the registration packet here.
  • Drop by the Eastlund room at 7 p.m. Nov. 14 for part one of a two-part series on whiteness by national speaker Melanie Hulbert. Part two will be held Nov. 15 at 7 p.m.

Local News

• Anti-Trump protesters temporarily shut down part of I-94 near Cedar Avenue in Minneapolis Thursday night, according to the StarTribune. The protesters came from an anti-Trump rally at the University of Minnesota, the StarTribune says.
  • St. Paul police are investigating an assault report made by a man claiming he was attacked by a group of people protesting President-elect Donald Trump Wednesday night, according to the Pioneer Press. Read the story here.
  • A St. Paul man was charged in three rape cases Thursday that occurred within blocks of each other between August and October, according to the Pioneer Press. Read the stories of the charges here.
  • A violent message threatening presidential candidate Hillary Clinton decked the rear window of a minivan traveling down I-94 this week, prompting the U.S. Secret Service to investigate, according to the StarTribune. Read more here.

National and World News

• President-elect Donald Trump met with President Obama in the White House Thursday, according to The Washington Post. The two pledged to work together during the transition of power. Read the summary here.
  • Exit polls showed that Hillary Clinton lacked the white support she needed from voters to win the presidency, CBS News says. Read more here.
  • Body camera videos from the mass shooting at an Orlando nightclub June 11 were released Thursday, according to Daily News. The attack killed 49 people. See the videos here.