Monday, Nov. 14

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Kylie Gregory | News Reporter

Bethel News

• Applications for the CAS Winter Commencement (taking place on December 16) are due Wednesday. Find more information and apply here.
  • Come to Hope Christian Church on Wednesday, 7 – 9 p.m. for an evening of worship! Contact Emma Martin for carpooling information at [email protected].
  • Visit Benson Great Hall tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m. for a free performance by the Philharmonic Orchestra!

Local News

• According to the StarTribune, hundreds of Minneapolis students marched downtown Friday night in protest of Trump’s election as well as the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline. Read more on the protest here.
  • Current forecasts suggest that the first freeze of 2016’s winter will hit Nov. 20, as stated by the StarTribune. Click here for more information on what temperatures to expect in the upcoming weeks.
  • Still curious about Minnesota’s role in the presidential election? Click here for a collection of maps to help make sense of how Minnesotans voted, courtesy of the Pioneer Press.

National and World News

• A suicide bombing early Saturday resulted in the death of two U.S. service members and two U.S. contractors inside the largest NATO military base in Afghanistan, according to NBC News. Click here for the full story.
  • Many Facebook users, including company CEO Mark Zuckerberg, experienced a bug on Friday causing their profiles to incorrectly declare they were deceased. The error has now been fixed, according to CNN here.
  • New comments by Trump suggest that he may not repeal some parts of Obamacare, leading some to believe that he may be straying from his campaign promises. Click here for CNN’s comparison of his previous promises and his actions now.