Wednesday, Nov. 16

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Kylie Gregory | News Reporter

Bethel News

• TreeHouse will be recruiting the BC tomorrow from 10 a.m.  to 1 p.m. for a paid internship mentoring at-risk teens over the summer. Stop by their booth tomorrow or apply here.
  • There’s still time to donate non-perishable food items right outside your residence hall shack! Whichever hall has the most donations by Friday at noon will win a pizza party!
  • Reverend Jim Bear Jacobs, Mohican minister and Dakota historian, will be visiting the Johnson Gallery tomorrow at 4 p.m. to speak on how we see art that reflects Native people.

Local News

• All five horses of the St. Paul police squad’s mounted force are currently being housed at the Como Zoo, but still seek new permanent stable housing, according to the Pioneer Press. Click here for the full story.
  • Vikings kicker Blair Walsh has been released, expected to sign Kai Forbath as his replacement, according to the Pioneer Press. Click here for more info on why Walsh was let go.
  • Tiffany Burns gathered with other member of the Clark family and about 100 other attendees to remember Jamar Clark on the one year anniversary of his shooting by the Minneapolis police force. Read the StarTribune’s full coverage of the event here.

National and World News

• More than 80,000 acres of land in the Southeast U.S. have burned to the ground due large forest fires that have hospitalized more than 200 people. Read CNN’s full story here.
  • Security for the New York City Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade has been increased due to comments by ISIS urging supporters to make an attack, according to NBC. Find out more info on how police are preparing for the parade here.
  • Three apartment complexes in New York have petitioned to remove the Trump logo from the side of their building, according to Fox News. Read more on the story here.