Friday, Nov. 18

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Abby Petersen | News Editor

Bethel News

• Today is the last day to withdraw from a full-term course. Withdrawal forms can be accessed through the registrar.
  • Bethel will be having a talk on “pricing and positioning”in the Underground today at 9:30 a.m. and again at 12:30 p.m. Topics may include tuition rates.

Local News

• Crossroads Mall was put on lockdown Thursday night after a couple reported a man flashing a gun at them, according to the StarTribune. Police said no one was hurt and no shots were fired.
  • A gun brought by a 7-year-old to Crossroads Elementary in St. Paul fired one round in a first-grade classroom Thursday morning, according to the StarTribune. No one was injured and no threats were made, according to police. Authorities are investigating how the child came in possession of the weapon. Read more here.
  • A giraffe born at Como Park Zoo Nov. 10 met park visitors for the first time Thursday, according to the Pioneer Press. The baby giraffe is named Prince. Read the full story here.

National and World News

• A teacher in Baltimore, Maryland was fired after using a racial slur in class, according to the Baltimore Sun. Read the story here.
  • Airstrikes in Allepo, Syria killed more than 20 people Thursday, according to the Associated Press. Read more about the current situation is Syria here.
  • Hillary Clinton spoke publicly Wednesday for the first time since conceding the election to Donald Trump, according to the New York Times.