Thursday, Dec. 15

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

CeCe Gaines | News Reporter 

Bethel News

• Today for breakfast and midday, the dining center is open during normal hours. Dinner is served from 4:45 p.m.- 6:30 p.m. The 3900 Grill will be open from 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Also, Royal Grounds will be open from 7:30 a.m.- 9 p.m.
  • If you still need a flu shot before winter break, Health Services has a limited number of flu shots available. Walk-ins are accepted. Students need to bring their insurance card. Flu shots are free for all staff.

Local News

• Ten Gophers football players have been suspended from all team activities in preparation for the Holiday Bowl, according to the Pioneer Press. Find out what caused the suspension here
  • Two men stopped to help a man stuck in the snow and then robbed him, according to the Pioneer Press. Read the fill story here.

• A Woodbury developer is buying the house of Jacob Wetterling’s killer, and destroying it as a Christmas present for his four adult children, according to the Pioneer Press. Read the full story here.

National and World News

• We all have Christmas food traditions, but CNN found some traditions we may not be familiar with. Read the full story here.

• A new evacuation effort started in Aleppo, Syria this morning, according to The New York Times. Read more here.
  • Ivanka Trump will play an active role in her father’s administration, according to CNN. She will assume some of the duties normally assigned to the first lady. Read the full story here
  • Watch this video of Bruno Mars and James Corden in Carpool Karaoke.