Witty Ranter Podcast EP03: The Movie Episode

Euan Kerr of Minnesota Public Radio. | Photo by Carlo Holmberg

WR EP03 Movie PosterTHE MOVIE EPISODE features Euan Kerr, a Scottish Minnesota Public Radio arts reporter who loves punk music and cat documentaries (but not cats). While Euan shares his thoughts on the movie industry, host Christine Schuster and co-host Sarah Nelson describe their quirky favorite movies and Netflix habits, like “making time for Buffy.”

20170301_holmberg_euankerr_4Kerr, from Glasgow, has done two stints at MPR, and worked at the BBC between them. He also was a radio DJ until that got so boring that he went to Wisconsin. Witty Ranter liked him because he fights for the little film the way journalists fight for the little guy. We hope you like him as much as he did, even if you’re a big guy.

Logo_WittyRanter_Hudalla

WITTY RANTER PODCAST takes on vague themes each week within art and culture. The host generally knows nothing about the topic, but can talk for hours about it with her co-host. She also brings in edgy guests – such as Wired magazine’s Liz Stinson, The Moth’s Erin Barker or NPR’s Nicky Hammar – who know what they’re talking about but don’t take themselves too seriously. Subscribe now on iTunes!

christineHost and producer: 
Christine Schuster is a senior journalism and theater major. She can really write and report and do other stuff. She wrote this wedding story for City Pages. From Eagan, Schuster has interned at the Guthrie Theater on both the artistic and communications side. She’s obsessed with vintage clothing. The really old stuff.

20170210_holmberg_mugshots_nelson_8Co-host: 
 Sarah Nelson is a junior journalism and political science double-major who spent fall semester at NYC Semester at The King’s College, where she scored an internship. She will spend the summer as an intern in Washington, DC. Hire her when she graduates next year.