5 coffee shops to visit this weekend

1.Dogwood Cafe

Located in Northeast Minneapolis, this cafe was recently opened. It stays open until 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday, so it’s a perfect spot to get work done. This location has booth seating, with outlets included in each one, as well as sofas and tables. When you are ready for a study break, there are ping pong tables and games available. There are plenty of windows that provide natural lighting during the day and neon lights to set the mood in the evening. They even roast their own coffee. If you are looking for a cool environment and fun atmosphere, Dogwood is your place this weekend.

2.Diamonds

Diamond’s is a retro-themed cafe, housed inside of an old building in Northeast Minneapolis. It stays open until 8 p.m. on weekdays and 7 p.m. on weekends. This spot has a full menu of breakfasts, soups and sandwiches. They also have a variety of drink options available. The chai lattes and homemade pies from Diamonds are top recommendations.

3.Groundswell

Groundswell is about a 15 minute drive from Bethel, located in the Hamline neighborhood. This coffee shop is a great place to relax, unwind and study. It has a clean and contemporary vibe, low noise level and natural lighting. There is only street parking available, so be ready to parallel park. Groundswell provides many gluten-free and vegan options, as well as delicious pastries.

4.Seward

Seward Cafe is in a unique location in South Minneapolis. It has a home-style feeling to it and provides an outside patio space to enjoy during the warmer months. It’s open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekends. Although this may not be the best place for an afternoon cram session, its location draws a variety of customers.  It’s known for having many vegan and gluten-free options. They get all of their products from local vendors around Minnesota and Iowa. Check out their website for monthly art and music events.

5.Dunn Brothers

Situated a few miles from campus, Dunn Brothers is bustling with Bethel students. This coffee shop frequently hosts live music performances including piano players, open mic nights and songwriter showcases. They have a variety of drinks, but their cold brew steals the show. Dunn Brothers has many food options including freshly baked pastry items, build your own breakfast sandwiches and acai bowls. They also have rooms that can be reserved for social gatherings, study groups or individual peace and quiet. Dunn Brothers gives a student discount if you have your ID present.