Voting guide for Bethel students

Bethel students have a lot to think about during election season. Here’s a guide to all things voting.

By Jhenna Becker and Emma Eidsvoog

No doubt this election season is unique, but students can still make their voices heard by voting. Here’s what students need to know about how and where to vote on Nov. 3. 

In-person voting

• At Bethel…
    • Bethel students can vote at the Anderson Center on Nov. 3. The Arden Hills polls are open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. 
    • An on-call campus shuttle will be available 7:30 a.m. to 9:15 p.m that Tuesday. To request a ride, call 651.638.6400. 
    • Voting will take place inside and social distancing and face masks will be required.
  • At home…
    • Students can also vote in their hometown on election day. For help finding your polling place go to this website.

Mail-in voting

• If you haven’t already mailed in your ballot, consider voting in person. A federal appeals court decided that ballots received after Nov. 3 won’t be accepted. If you have mailed in an absentee ballot, track it online to make sure it is received by 8 p.m. on Nov. 3. People with a mail-in ballot can still vote in-person if the ballot does not arrive on time.

Register to vote

• Registration is required before voting, but it can be done at the polling place. Students must bring a photo I.D. Check out this list made by the Minnesota Secretary of State for acceptable items used for proof of address and identification.
  • First-time voters who register through a paper application must provide a driver’s license number or the last four digits of their Social Security number. 
  • Online Registration is now closed for the November 3 General Election.

Research candidates

Don’t know who to vote for? Check out this article by the Star Tribune to learn more about each candidate.