The Egg: April 12th

Inspired by TheSkimm, longer than the E-announcements, created with your short attention span in mind.

By Ariel Dunleavy | Contributing Writer 

Contribute to the blood drive.

Bethel Student Nurses Association and Memorial Blood Centers are hosting a blood drive on Friday. Students should head to the Eastlund room between 10a.m. and 2 p.m. where donors will be given a pack of ramen noodles and a chance to win a DoorDash or Amazon gift card through a raffle. Sign up for an appointment as soon as possible.

Small business marketplace.

Calling all students who make jewelry, art or clothing. Bethel Student Government is holding a BU Marketplace in the BC on April 23 from 5-7 p.m. Any students who are interested in promoting their small business or creative products should fill out this form to talk more about their small business. 

Free headshots tomorrow. 

Get those professional headshots taken to impress your new connections on Linkedin. Students can get their headshots taken for free tomorrow thanks to the Career Development and Calling Center. Students should sign up for a time slot between 10 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. in Kresge Courtyard. 

Mental health week.

After a long year of online classes, messy sleep schedules and stress due to the coronavirus pandemic, I am definitely stressed and need some tips on how to care for my mental health. Bethel Student Government Senate, Student Ministries and Student Life are providing students with tips to better handle stress, sleep schedules and more. Head over to the BC tables today through Thursday to talk about ways to care for your mental health. There will be giveaways, tips and snacks for anyone who stops by. 

Happy April.

After a long first half of Spring semester we are officially five weeks away from summer vacation. Make sure to take some breaks this month, go longboarding by the lake, read a book outside in a hammock on sem hill  and go to a cute coffee shop with your friends before school is over. If you need to destress, take a walk and listen to Taylor Swift’s rerelease of Fearless to dance out all your anxieties.