The Egg: March 21st

Inspired by TheSkimm, longer than the e-announcements, created with your short attention span in mind.

By Molly Wilson | News Reporter

Live music:

Come listen to fellow students in the Chamber Orchestra Mar. 25 and Wind Symphony Mar. 26. Both concerts start at 7:30 in Benson Great Hall and are free of charge.

Coeval:

Submit your fiction, non-fiction, poetry and art for this semester’s edition of the Coeval, an art and literary magazine run by students. Submit forms here. All you need to do is write a short bio and submit your work. 

This week in the BC:

Stop by a table Tuesday to learn more about working at Camp Shamineau. Thursday, the non-profit Cassia will be at a table. They are looking to hire multiple positions for the summer. Or stop by Tuesday for a pedal-powered smoothie. Try Triple Berry or Peach Mango and learn how to make your own. 

BSG events:

United Cultures of Bethel First Nations is hosting a discussion Wednesday about “reconciliation and healing of the indigenous community.” Dr. Samuel Torres will be leading the discussion covering both past and present. Friday from 8-11 pm is DC After Dark. Students can expect live music, karaoke, food and games. 

COVID testing:

Want to get tested after being away on spring break? Health Services is open for testing Mar. 21-25 from 11 am to 2 pm for symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals. 

Dragon in the library:

Ever wonder why there is a dragon in the Library? Come to Primetime in the Library Tuesday where you can hear senior art major Josh Vana present his research on the history of dragon imagery and its symbolism. Professor Kenneth Steinbach and Dr. Jim Lewis will talk afterwards. 

Envision diversity:

Register here for one of the sessions discussing Bethel’s vision to become more diverse and inclusive. There are four sessions and only 40 spots per session open to students, faculty and staff.