Haunting the Bubble

For when you’re not attending October 33rd or trick-or-treating in your dorm, here is your guide to off-campus events.
Devanie Andre

Something free: Complete with rock musicians and food trucks, Leopold’s Mississippi Gardens Halloween Block Party Oct. 27 from 5-11 p.m. will give you all your Halloween needs. Come with costumes and leave with a candy-induced stomach ache. 

Something new: Walk St. Paul’s cool old mansions complete with ghost stories. For $25, take the Ghost & Gables Haunted Summit Avenue tour between Oct. 26-30.

Something that’s always available: The Minnesota Zoo offers a look at monkeys, kangaroos and a variety of large cats. Through Nov. 4, it also offers the annual Jack O’Lantern Spectacular. For $18-24, you can walk through the zoo and follow a series of pumpkins that depict the seasons.  

Something new: Sister Celeste’s All Hallows’ Eve Event event will take tours of an old chapel. Tickets cost $28. Apparently glow-in-the-dark rosaries are involved. 

Something that’s always available: Everyone’s favorite nerd hobby to make fun of — model trains — has its own museum in St. Paul, the Twin City Model Railway Museum. They are hosting the Spooky Trains event at 3 and 5 p.m. Oct 21. Tickets are $10.