Go Figure

Notable sports stats from your Bethel Royals.

1,375

All-purpose yards for junior running back Aaron Ellingson, third highest in the MIAC and 26th highest in NCAA Division III. Ellingson’s 10 touchdowns propelled the Royals to their 6th MIAC Championship in program history along with their third consecutive trip to the NCAA Division III Playoffs. 

71.7

Average strokes per round for fifth-year golfer Conor Schubring, the lowest average score in the MIAC. On two separate September occasions, he shot a 67. Those scores are tied for the thirdbest individual rounds in the MIAC. Schubring’s scores led the Royals to a MIAC Championship for the second time in program history. 

0.302

Hitting percentage for freshman middle blocker Peyton Howie, the highest in the MIAC. She finished the season with 225 kills on 583 total attacks, earning MIAC Rookie of the Year and AVCA Region 9 Freshman of the Year accolades for her performance. Howie helped the Royals to their ninth consecutive MIAC Playoffs appearance. 

7

Interceptions for freshman safety Matt Jung, tied for the most in NCAA Division III. He returned two of those interceptions for touchdowns and was named to the D3football.com National Team of the Week three weeks in a row. With Jung’s help, the Royals defense intercepted 21 passes, thirdmost in the nation.