Wednesday, Oct. 19

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Maddie Danovsky | For the Clarion

Bethel News

• Stop by the tables in the Brushaber Commons today or Thursday to write an appreciation note to your professors.
  • The final presidential debate is being live streamed tonight in the Underground beginning at 8 p.m.

Local News

• According to the Star Tribune, two semitrailer truck drivers were killed in a head-on collision on Interstate 90 at 12:10 p.m. Tuesday. Police are still investigating the cause of the collision. Read more here.
  • A St. Paul man plead guilty to drunken driving Monday, according to the Pioneer Press. The man was charged in July after seriously injuring three people while driving with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.119.  
  • The body of a missing White Bear Lake teen was found Tuesday morning near Winona in the Mississippi River, according to the Pioneer Press. The teen had been missing since Oct. 8. Read the full story here.

National and World News

• At a news conference in the White House Rose Garden, President Obama spoke out against Donald Trump’s complaints of rigged voting, according to the New York Times. The president is quoted as telling Mr. Trump to “stop whining.” Read more here.
  • U.S air power and Iraqi ground troops are making a strong effort to capture Mosul, an Iraqi city currently held by the Islamic State militants. The battle for this city is the most complex so far in the fight against the Islamic State. Read the story from the Washington Post.
  • Three students were shot outside of their high school in San Francisco Tuesday afternoon, according to Fox News. Two of the victims have non-life-threatening injuries, while the third is in critical condition. The police are investigating four male suspects.

Want to subscribe to Quick News? Click here.