Monday Morning Coffee: Ebenezer’s Coffeehouse

Because everyone needs at least one cup of coffee on a Monday!

Lexi Friesen | Social Media Editor
*Disclaimer: This week’s edition is a Spring Break Special – part of my Spring Break was spending a day in Washington D.C.! Through a series of complicated events, including a bible study I am in, four books, and my obsession over coffee, I found Ebenezer’s Coffeehouse, had a fan-girl moment, and forced four of my friends to come with me to find this shop.

Coffee Shop: Ebenezer’s Coffeehouse

FullSizeRender (5)
Thank goodness my sweet friends love coffee as much as I do!

Menu/Prices: Ebenezer’s has many different drinks to choose from – including some unique tea combinations that I had never heard of before. This past week was Ebenezer’s 10th anniversary! In honor of their birthday, they created a Birthday Cake Latte and I couldn’t resist. The cost was $4.13, but it was everything you would ever hope and dream a Birthday Cake Latte could be – DELICIOUS and I would highly recommend.

Atmosphere/Seating: I’m in love with everything about this coffee shop. The atmosphere was casual and friendly – people were at Ebenezer’s for work, dates, introvert time, and a group bible study. It was great for people watching and everyone that we encountered gave off friendly vibes.

Music: No music is playing on a station, but there are live music concerts held most nights in the basement of the coffeehouse. For more on live music and events at Ebenezer’s click here: http://ebenezerscoffeehouse.com/events/

FullSizeRender (6)
Coffee mugs made to honor the 10 year anniversary of Ebenezer’s.

Store Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 7am – 9 pm
Friday: 7 am – 10 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 9 pm
Sunday: 8 am – 8 pm

Location: 201 F Street NE, Washington, DC 20002

Parking: There isn’t a lot of parking as Washington D.C. is a busy, chaotic city. I wouldn’t recommend driving around in D.C. to begin with as the metro station connects the whole city! My friends and I spent our day walking around the city and we never needed to worry about parking in different places.

Overall experience: Okay, I admit it – I tried to act cool, but inside I was freaking out! I first heard about this coffeehouse because of a book I read by Mark Batterson called In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day. Since then, I’ve read three of his other books, and in doing so I learned more about Ebenezer’s. After my friends and I decided to spend a day in Washington D.C. I knew I needed to go as I might never have another chance to see it! There are so many great qualities about this coffeeshop. For example, this place used to be a crack house – until National Community Church bought and renovated the space to make it beneficial for the Washington D.C. community! The big idea behind Ebenezer’s is to serve coffee with a cause. The retail coffee sold is fair trade and comes from the organization One Village Coffee. All of the profits from Ebenezer’s go toward the church’s community local outreach. For more information on the Ebenezer’s go to: http://ebenezerscoffeehouse.com/