Wednesday, Nov. 9

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Abby Petersen | News Editor

Donald Trump was elected President of the United States after taking more than 270 electoral votes, according to The New York Times. Read further here.

Bethel News

• There is no pedestrian access for two weeks between the west three-way stop next to Heritage Hall and Freshman Hill. Facilities Management says to expect frequent closures of the area.
  • Registration began Tuesday for spring and interim classes. Not sure when your registration time is? Check the registration packet here.

Local News

• Authorities are searching for Nelson Geovanny Soto-Lopez, a man suspected of kidnapping a 5-year-old girl and killing a toddler, according to the StarTribune. Soto-Lopez was last seen in Arden Hills Tuesday morning. Read more details here.
  • Minnesota elected the nation’s first Somali-American lawmaker, 33-year-old Ilhan Omar, Tuesday night, according to the Pioneer Press. Read the full story here.
  • A woman was struck by a vehicle while jogging on the path surrounding Lake Calhoun Monday, according to the StarTribune. The 65-year-old woman drove her vehicle onto the pedestrian path because of a “medical emergency,” a Park and Recreation Board spokeswoman said to the StarTribune. Read more here.

National and World News