Monday Morning Coffee: Cahoots Coffee Bar

Because everyone needs at least one cup of coffee on a Monday!

Lexi Friesen | Social Media Editor

Coffee Shop: Cahoots Coffee Bar

Menu/Prices: I paid $4.09 for a white mocha. It wasn’t too sugary, but I could taste the white chocolate. It was the perfect temperature – it didn’t feel like my tongue was licking the devil himself, nor did I want to gag from the lukewarm warm drink. Good temperature coffee is something I have learned to not take for granted. Plus, the barista brought my drink to my table and put it in a ceramics mug, rather than a plastic to go cup. The quirky shop made me feel right at home. My friend, Hope Laroche, ordered a decaf chai tea. The cost was $3.61 and Hope agreed hers was also the perfect temperature. On a scale of one to ten (in comparison to Royal Grounds), Hope called it a nine – the spices were good, but she felt like there was a little too much foam.

Atmosphere/Seating: There is stuff everywhere. Rugs that are for sale are hanging on the walls as artwork. Earrings for sale. The furniture doesn’t match. There are tiled tables, desks, wooden chairs, and barstools. There is also a back room with more tables and a couch. The walls are different colors (red, light yellow, salmon, and white) and some of the doors have detailed murals on them. The coffee bar is painted with a tropical desert theme – camels, sun, and palm trees. In addition to coffee, there is also some food and ice cream.

Music: If you want music, bring your own. The silence is really peaceful though, making Cahoots a great place for late night conversation or hard at work studying.

Store Hours:

Monday 6:30 AM–10:30 PM
Tuesday 6:30 AM–10:30 PM
Wednesday 6:30 AM–10:30 PM
Thursday 6:30 AM–10:30 PM
Friday 6:30 AM–10:30 PM
Saturday 7 AM–10:30 PM
Sunday 7:30AM–10:30 PM

Location: Drive down Snelling, take a left on Selby Avenue, and you’ll probably drive right by it like I did the first time.

1562 Selby Ave
St Paul, MN 55104

Parking: There isn’t a parking lot for Cahoots, only street parking. I had to park a little ways away, but this is just something to know ahead of time. The good news is that I didn’t have to pay for parking.

Overall experience: I could definitely see myself coming back here again. I appreciate the quirkiness. With free wifi, I think I could get a lot of schoolwork done, or maybe just a lot of procrastination via Facebook and Pinterest.

FullSizeRender(4)