Wednesday, Dec. 7

Current news from Bethel, Minnesota and beyond, brought to you by the Clarion.

Abby Petersen | News Editor

Bethel News

• Bethel’s International Justice Mission chapter is fundraising to donate to the Dressember Foundation. Dressember raises awareness about modern-day slavery and human trafficking. Purchase a pin for $2 in Brushaber Commons today and Friday.
  • Beginning in January, the shuttle will be making an extra stop at Rosedale Mall at 1:10 p.m. and Target at 1:15 p.m. The shuttle will leave the CLC circle at 1 p.m.
  • Make sure to attend the cookie tent Friday between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Local News

• A North St. Paul woman was charged with second-degree manslaughter after a 6-month-old infant died while in her care Aug. 8, according to the StarTribune. The infant died at Children’s Hospital after being strangled by her seat belt. Read the full story here.
  • Ramsey Count Sheriff Matt Bostrom is retiring from his position as sheriff Jan. 3 to lead research at the University of Oxford in England, according to the Pioneer Press. Read more about his departure here.
  • Check out this article from the Pioneer Press to learn about holiday gifts made right in St. Paul.

National and World News

• President-elect Donald Trump announced Tuesday that a Japanese company could create at least 50,000 new jobs in the U.S., according to The Washington Post.

Trump tweeted after the deal was made.

• Aerial photos show the extensive damage to the Ghost Ship Warehouse in Oakland, California after an intense fire broke out Friday, killing at least 36 people, according to Fox News. See more photos from the fire in The Los Angeles Times and see the list of known victims from the San Francisco Chronicle.