WITTY RANTER EP05: The Book Episode

Logo_WittyRanter_HudallaTHE BOOKS EPISODE features Jackie Lea Sommers, a young-adult author from the Twin Cities who battled obsessive compulsive disorder until she found treatment in her early 20s. She published her debut novel, Truest, in 2015 and her second book is set to release in the fall of 2018.

Host Christine Schuster and co-host Kellie Lawless talk about their shared love for fictional young-adult novels and Kellie geeks out about Mark Twain. Schuster’s mom just wants to know if it’s true.

_R4R4328Host and producer: Christine Schuster is a senior journalism and musical theater major. She can really write and report and do other stuff. She wrote this wedding story for City Pages. From Eagan, Schuster has interned at the Guthrie Theater on both the artistic and communications side. She’s obsessed with really old vintage clothing, NASCAR and Broadway.

20170210_holmberg_mugshots_lawless_12Co-Host: Kellie Lawless is a junior journalism major. When she’s not writing her own novel, she’s running a photography business or watching Friends.