Monday Morning Coffee: Dunn Bros. Coffee

Because everyone needs at least one cup of coffee on a Monday!

Lexi Friesen | Social Media Editor

Coffee Shop: Dunn Bros. Coffee (Roseville)

Trivia Lesson: Dunn Bros. Coffee began in Minnesota in 1987 when Ed Dunn left Portland, Oregon with a refurbished 1950s Probert roaster in search of an underserved market. He settled on Grand Avenue in St. Paul. There are now locations throughout the country, including 74 in Minnesota. “Bros” isn’t an abbreviation either, as “Dunn Brothers” is not the official name.

Prices: I couldn’t actually tell you the price of my individual drink since I didn’t pick up the tab, but I can tell you that two Maple Clove Lattes, a Pumpkin Spice Latte, a Pumpkin Pie Nirvana and a White Chocolate Mocha costs a total of $21.59.

Atmosphere: The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing. There aren’t many tables, which makes Dunn Bros the perfect place for socializing, but not homework.

Seating: There is plenty of seating, but I have also only been there before 8 a.m. The seating is mainly soft chairs, and not too many tables or places to place your computer and do work.

Music: I recall Ben Rector playing, and I like him immensely.

Store Hours:

Monday — Saturday: 6 a.m. — 9 p.m.

Sunday: 7 a.m. — 9 p.m.

Location: Dunn Bros. Coffee is 13 minutes away from Bethel.

2471 Fairview Avenue North, Saint Paul, MN 55113

Parking: The parking lot is small, but usually open due to the fact that there is a drive through. If parking isn’t available, Half Price Books is next door with a bigger parking lot available for use. Also, Half Price Books have books for sale, many at roughly half of their suggested retail price. Seems like a worthwhile stop while you’re in the neighborhood.

Overall experience: One of my favorite things to do is socialize over coffee. This is the place that I go to with my roommates to do just that and we have always had great experiences. The baristas are incredibly friendly, offering helpful and suggestions to drink and offering to take a group picture of us!